Dispatches from Vault 23



Post apocalyptic, rockabilly, ephemera, miscellany, eclectica, curio, journal, diary, notes, scrapbook, etc.



21.12.07

You Maniacs! You blew it up!

........begin session........

To those who've read my previous blogs I offer an explanation.
Since I was of an age to be aware of things such as "style", "aesthetic", and "taste" I had been drawn to tales and images of society's collapse, destruction, decay, and ruin.
"Blank Maxine" thinks it's my embrace of the redeemed hero as icon. I think that's a part of it. I think it's also a desire for an "I told you so" or as Charlton Heston put it "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
You see, I believe in doing the right things...environmentally conscious living, generosity to my fellow man, compassion to the downtrodden, acceptance of divergent philosophies, and so on...But I really suspect that we'll end up screwing it up as a whole. I have faith in the individual, but when you put a group of this type of monkey together, all hell breaks loose.

What'll one find here? Retro-future dystopias. Evidence of a dying earth. Rantings of an indignant Road Warrior. Off the grid how-tos.

Photographs, art, news, projects, notes, and miscellaneous ephemera from the wasteland.

This will be short. It's a bit early and I've gotta get to the vault for some exercise and projects.

.........end session.............

No comments: