Dispatches from Vault 23



Post apocalyptic, rockabilly, ephemera, miscellany, eclectica, curio, journal, diary, notes, scrapbook, etc.



14.1.08

Do you get it now?

For those who are new to my stuff, I'm former intelligence with the U.S. Army, so stuff like this tends to catch my attention.
Suicide Bombing Makes Sick Sense in Halo 3
I can't do those things. I haven't got enough time to practice as they do: I'm an adult, with a job and wife and kid, so I get maybe an hour with Halo on a good day. I wind up sucking far, far more than most other Halo 3 players, and despite the best attempts of Xbox Live to match me up with similarly lame players, I usually wind up at the bottom of my group's rankings -- stumbling haplessly about while getting slaughtered over and over again.
So after a few weeks of this ritual humiliation, I got sick of it. And I devised a simple technique for revenge. (More...)
This also reminds me of this:
Michael Corleone: I saw a strange thing today. Some rebels were being arrested. One of them pulled the pin on a grenade. He took himself and the captain of the command with him. Now, soldiers are paid to fight; the rebels aren't.
Hyman Roth: What does that tell you?
Michael Corleone: It means they could win.

No comments: